General Meeting Agenda
Monday November 6, 2017
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- RENEW your membership for 2018: $5.00 for individuals or $25.00 for merchants. Please make checks payable to CSHCA. New members should submit a completed CSHCA Membership Form with your payment.
- Annual Tree Lighting – SAVE the DATE: November 25th at 6:00 pm. Bring the kids! Decorated wreaths will also be available for sale!!
- Election: Tuesday, November 7th. Polls open at 7:00 am and close at 8:00 pm (Mayor, at Large Councilor and Local Councilor are all on ballot)
- UMASS Boston – In DECEMBER Phil Carver will provide an update on Bayside RFI and Construction update
- Natural Selections – Marijuana Dispensary will present and seek support to McCormack Civic November 21 at 7:00 pm in Saint Mother Teresa Church basement
- 54 Pleasant Street- ZBA date scheduled November 14, 2017 at 10:30 am in Room 801 for a proposal of a 17-unit condominium development
- Representative Nick Collins whose district includes Columbia Point and the northern part of Morrissey Blvd, including the Globe parcel, will address the membership with an update from his office.
- Catherine O’Neill will provide an update to DotBlock development and construction timeline.
- The Boston Housing Authority (BHA) has chosen Winn Development to redevelop the Mary Ellen McCormack public housing project in a four phase approach in a proposal that calls for approximately 3,000 housing units that will include affordable, middle income and market rate units. Representatives including Kate Bennett will provide an overview of project. Read the BHA Press Release
- Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) – Morrissey Boulevard Redesign. Anne Fiesinger, Director of Public Outreach, and representative from DCR, will present 25% design plans length of project that extends Mount Vernon St to Neponset Circle. Presentation will focus on impacts to regional traffic and concerns addressed by membership. A public comment period will close on December 18th. Read the Morrissey Boulevard Redesign project description.
Eileen Fenton – Chair
Ratification of support for:
- 89 Savin Hill Ave: Extend living space into the basement for an office, laundry room, bathroom and playroom
- 99 Savin Hill Ave: Change use to a Veterinarian Hospital
Presenting for vote: (possible deferment)
- 12 Carson Street: single family conversion to multi family
TUESDAY’S (11/14) PLANNING MEETING AGENDA
(subject to change)
Meeting held at Savin Hill Apts. 130 Auckland Street
- 951 – 957 Dorchester Ave: Sale and Development of 951 – 957 Dorchester Ave (Current Dorchester Market & Tom English’s Pub)
- 1048 Dorchester Ave: Waymark Church- Parking lot proposal at back of church