CSHCA General Meeting Agenda
Monday December 4th, 2017
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- RENEW your membership for 2018: $5 Individual or $25/merchant. You can pay at meeting or send Checks payable to CSHCA can be sent to attention of Treasurer: Nicole Chelkowski, 5 Caspian Way #2, Dorchester MA 02125. Additional donations always accepted: CSHCA Membership Form
- Annual Tree Lighting: Thank you to Harp & Bard for Hot Cocoa and Beautification Committee
- Election: Results are in…we will let you know who won and how we turned out! at the poles
- Addiction & Homelessness Taskforce: the CSHCA executive board will be participating in a multi-civic discussion around the challenges on this topic specifically in the neighborhood of Newmarket/Southampton Street.
- Globe Site: Transfer of title scheduled for December 15th… will provide update on current status, but… Nordblom will be back in January requesting support for vision
- 136-140 Pleasant Street: Pine Street Inn, the current owners, will be transferring ownership of property to FamilyAid Boston. Updates will be provided at membership meeting. FamilyAid Link
- DCR Morrissey Blvd. Update and Comment Process. As a followup to November presentation materials can be found on: CSHCA home page. Additonally, comments are being accepted until December 18th at the DCR-Morrissey Redesign site or via email at email@example.com (reference Morrissey Blvd in your e-mail subject line)
Phil Carver of UMASS Boston will provide an update around on campus projects and other developments. He will also explain the organizational structure of Umass Building Authority who is responsible for the old Bayside Expo redevelopment. Phil will also raffle off some UMASS swag…
Don Walsh will provide an update on the new Visionary Committee to coincide around Imagine Boston 2030… well attended kickoff meeting was held in November.
George Jenkins, the CSHCA webmaster, will provide an update on improvements to our website and discuss the uptick in click traffic and other changes.
SMALL BUSINESS DORCHESTER
It’s our annual holiday gathering. SEVERAL small businesses have provided food, drink and donations to be enjoyed and raffled back to members… some which include Harp & Bard, The Banshee, Avenue Liquors Savin Hill Ave, Banh Mi BaLe Bakery, Honeycomb Cafe – Savin Hill Ave, The Stitch House, DotDogs, Body + Fuel – Crossfit, Venice Pizza, Coleens Flower Shop, Plush Nails & Beauty Bar, Harborpoint Liquors at Star Market, Dorchester Brewing Company – Mass Ave, Snippers Hair Club For Dogs And Cats, and others. Come enjoy and get a chance to receive free gift cards and swag!! We will personally hear from the owners of HoneyComb Café (Lara & Nicole) on their progress and discuss menu expansions and catering!!
Eileen Fenton – Chair
- 951 – 959 Dorchester Avenue: Possible presentation on a 38-unit/22-parking space development at the current Dot Market / Tom English location.
- 12 Carson Street: Possible discussion on Single family conversion to multi family
TUESDAY’S (December 12th) PLANNING MEETING AGENDA
(subject to change)
Meeting held at Savin Hill Apts. 130 Auckland St
- 5 Spring Garden Street: Legalize the enclosure of rear porches of home
- 1048 Dorchester Ave: Waymark Church- Parking lot proposal at back of church