Below is the agenda for the upcoming meeting on Monday, February 5th:
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- RENEW your membership for 2018: $5 Individual or $25/merchant. You can pay at meeting or send Checks payable to CSHCA can be sent to attention of Treasurer: Nicole Chelkowski, 5 Caspian Way #2, Dorchester MA 02125. Additional donations always accepted: CSHCA Membership Form
- Real Estate Taxes for 2018 personal and residential exemptions are due by April 2nd. More information at the City of Boston Assessing Online site.
- Resident Parking in the neighborhood expanding?? More details will be shared at the meeting.
- Special Senate Election – to replace Linda Dorcena Forry:
Pull Nomination Forms: February 20th
Primary Election: April 3rd
Election: May 1st.
- City of Boston- College Bound Scholarship application for Boston Residents due 4/13. Application and info can be found at the City of Boston Scholarship Fund page.
- New Liquor Store was granted permission by licensing board to open inside the Stop n Shop. A petition asking for a hearing to oppose such ruling will be presented to members.
- DCR is having a host of community meetings around area parks. One such park up for discussion is McConnell Park. A community meeting occurred on Thursday, January 25th at 6:30pm at the Cristo Rey school. We will update the membership about that meeting, but information about the meeting is also available in the News & Events section of the CSHCA site.
- The 12th Annual Chili Cookoff is scheduled for March 11th at the I.B.E.W. Hall on Freeport Street from 4:00 – 7:00 pm. Come support the CSHCA as we look for a local restaurant to cook chili on behalf of the membership. More information about this upcoming event is available in the News & Events section of the CSHCA site.
Need a job?? Robert Driscoll from DRASCO will speak about Verizon sales opportunities, and an upcoming open house with employment opportunities.
Todd Fremont-Smith, a Nordblom representative, will provide an update on the redevelopment of the Boston Globe Site. The BPDA has received the PNF with comments due by March 2. The filing and summary notes are available in the CSHCA website.
Don Walsh will provide an update on the new Visioning Committee. The committee has confirmed select sites in the neighborhood to start the focus.
Active Large Projects in the Neighborhood. These are listed as an FYI only. No formal presentation at the meeting:
- Dot Block
- Morrissey Boulevard Redesign
- Tom English – Dot Market Redevelopment
- UMass RFP-Bayside- For Sale
- Billboard zoning
- Redevelopment of Maryellen McCormack BHA property
Eileen Fenton – Chair
- Abutters Meeting: 12 Carson Street to convert single family to a 3 family with 2 parking spots will be held on site at property Wednesday February 7th at 6pm.
- TUESDAY’S (February 13th) PLANNING MEETING: (Agenda to be discussed at meeting.) Meeting held at Savin Hill Apartments, 130 Auckland Street, at 7:00 pm