Below is the agenda for this evening’s general meeting:
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- RENEW your membership for 2018: $5 Individual or $25/merchant. You can pay at meeting or send Checks payable to CSHCA can be sent to attention of Treasurer: Nicole Chelkowski, 5 Caspian Way #2, Dorchester MA 02125. Additional donations always accepted: CSHCA Membership Form
- Real Estate Taxes for 2018 have been mailed. Deadlines for abatement is February 1st, and personal and residential exemptions by April 2nd. More information at the City of Boston Assessing Online site.
- Community Preservation Forum: Voters approved a new tax last election that appears on your real estate tax bill. Learn more about how these funds ($20 Million) will be used. Forum will be Thursday, January 18th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at the Lilla Frederick Middle School (270 Columbia Road)
- City of Boston – Winter Guide: If you have issues from parking to un-shoveled sidewalks to no heat, the city has a resourceful web page to assist: Winter In Boston Guide.
- At-Large Councilor, Annissa Essaibi-George has issued a newsletter and a survey about assessing constituent thoughts on a variety of topics.
- Glovers Corner Update meeting: Scheduled for January 10th from 6:00 – 7:30 pm at the Local 103 IBEW Hall (256 Freeport Street). More about the project can be found at the BPDA Glover’s Corner Plan site.
- DCR is hosting several community meetings about area parks. One such park up for discussion is McConnell Park. A community meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 25th at 6:30 pm at the Cristo Rey school. More information can be found in this CSHCA post.
- The 12th Annual Chili Cook-off is scheduled for March 11th at the IBEW Hall on Freeport Street from 4:00 – 7:00 pm. Come support CSHCA who will be looking for a local restaurant to cook Chili on behalf of the membership. More information can be found in this CSHCA post.
Eileen Donovan and Diane Crabtree Volunteer and Intern Program and Visitor Services Managers will speak about the work at the Edward Kennedy Institute over at Columbia Point and opportunities for members to actively participate. More info. about the institute can be found thru the Edward Kennedy Institute For U.S. Senate site:
Don Walsh will provide an update on the new Visioning Committee. The committee has confirmed select sites in the neighborhood to start the focus.
Keith Hague VP of Construction and Development for Eden’s will be updating the community on South Bay commercial and residential build out.
Active Large Projects in the Neighborhood. These are listed as an FYI only. No formal presentation at the meeting:
- Dot Block
- Morrissey Blvd. Redesign
- Globe Purchase – developers coming in Feb. with update
- UMass RFP-Bayside
- Addiction/ Homelessness Taskforce for Newmarket
- Billboard zoning
- Redevelopment of Maryellen McCormack BHA property
Eileen Fenton – Chair
- 5 Spring Garden: legalize the enclosure of rear porches
- 12 Carson Street: Single family conversion to multi family condos
TUESDAY’S (JANUARY 9) PLANNING MEETING AGENDA
(subject to change)
Meeting held at Savin Hill Apts. 130 Auckland St
- 951-959 Dorchester Ave.( Tom English/Dot Market): Update on residential and commercial build out
- 1048 Dorchester Ave: Waymark Church – Parking lot proposal at back of church
- 92 Auckland Street: Demolish Existing structure